Motorcycle racing would be very different if motorcycle sliders did not exist. This accessory for motorcycle suits is placed on the knees and is the one that allows riders to perform the incredible maneuvers that we see them do on the track.
If you are not a professional rider you should know that polishing your motorcycle sliders can take a bit of time. However, once you learn how to lay down the way it is, you won't want to stop showing off your well worn motorcycle sliders.
In this category of Motopasión Store we tell you what motorcycle sliders are and how to choose the right ones for you.
Motorcycle sliders, what are they and what are they for?
The sliders for motorcycle suits are accessories that are placed on the pants of the suit. The sliders are used to protect the rider from the friction that occurs with the pavement during the very sharp turns of a circuit.
The sliders are the only accessory that bikers want to wear, because the more worn they are, the more fun they will have had. Knee sliders provide protection when the knee rubs against the pavement. But there are also waterproof sliders and boot sliders to help you extend the life of your footwear.
Sliders must be used safely to ensure their function during motorcycle riding. To do so, we recommend:
- 1) Adjust your sliders properly so that they are neither too loose nor too tight.
- 2) The slider should cover your entire knee and exceed the edges of the kneecap.
- 3) Make sure that the slider allows for flexibility of your knee.
- 4) The contact of the slider with the asphalt should not heat up the slider.
How to choose the right bike sliders for you
Choosing the right bike sliders can make a big difference when you practice or race on the track. When buying your sliders you should consider the following factors: friction, heat, damping and safety.
That said, when choosing your sliders, pay attention to the following:
- 1) When friction occurs during cornering the slider should stay cool, not transfer heat and not cause burns.
- 2) Most sliders are one size fits all, but it is important that it is neither too tight nor too loose.
- 3) The slider should be strong and lightweight, free of metal and polymers. It should preferably be made of carbon fiber.
- 4) They should allow total flexibility of the joint.
Having the motorcycle sliders will allow you to make correctly the maneuvers in the tightest curves of the circuit and hundreds of kilometers per hour. The sliders are an indispensable accessory for the rider to be able to put his knee on the asphalt without injuring himself.
Sliders wear out with use, friction with the pavement and rubbing, so it is important that you check the condition of your sliders before using them.
Which motorcycle sliders to buy?
Every racing rider knows that he needs to use the highest quality equipment, and motorcycle sliders cannot be left out. That's why in our motorcycle store we offer the best sliders on the market: Dainese sliders, Alpinestars sliders, Spidi sliders, Soks sliders, Spyke sliders and ITR sliders.