€90.00 - €800.00
If you are looking for the perfect motorcycle helmet and you don't know which one to choose, the first thing you should know is that there are many types of helmets: modular helmets, full face helmets, open face helmets, trial and off road helmets. Which one is the best? All of them! That's why it's important to know the characteristics and advantages of each one.
In this category we are going to tell you everything you need to know about modular helmets. These motorcycle helmets are often a favorite among motorcyclists because they offer a unique combination of comfort and safety. Are you ready to discover what a modular motorcycle helmet is? Let's go there!
What is a modular motorcycle helmet?
A modular helmet is a hybrid, the perfect combination of a full-face helmet and a jet helmet. Many bikers consider modular motorcycle helmets to be the best, because they are more comfortable than full-face helmets, they are safe, they are not closed, but they are not as open as jet helmets.
The modular helmet is also called a convertible helmet or flip-up helmet. This is because, unlike the open face helmet, the modular helmet incorporates a flip-up chin guard that allows it to function as both a jet helmet and a full-face helmet.
The bottom of the modular helmet can be lifted up to convert it into a jet helmet and if you return it to its original position the modular helmet is a full-face helmet. Now do you understand why it is a favorite of motorcyclists? They can't blame us for wanting the best of both worlds: safety and comfort.
Modular motorcycle helmet, advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of a modular helmet
- They are very comfortable to ride in the city and on short trips.
- They are perfect for motorcyclists who feel claustrophobic with a full-face helmet, as they allow greater breathability and comfort.
- Modular helmets are safer in case of falls, as they offer greater protection than jet helmets.
- Modular motorcycle helmets are the best for first aid, as they allow mouth-to-mouth breathing without removing the helmet.
- They protect the head better than an open face helmet.
Disadvantages of modular motorcycle helmets
- Modular motorcycle helmets are not one-piece helmets and therefore offer a lower level of protection than a full-face helmet.
- It is important to keep a close eye on the condition of the opening and closing hinge. The poor condition of this structure can cause noise, vibrations and decrease the efficiency of the helmet of the modular motorcycle helmet.
- If the modular helmet is worn loosely, it may move when going over bumps and may even come off the rider's head if he/she is looking down.
- It is forbidden to ride with a modular motorcycle helmet if the chin guard is raised in the form of a visor.
- They are heavier than a full-face helmet.
- They produce more noise and vibrations, especially if there is wind on the sides.
Which modular helmet to buy, everyone's question!
However, we can say that the HJC V90 Mobix Mc9Sf modular helmet is one of the most popular in our motorcycle store and is currently on sale. It is a vintage model, also known as a retro modular motorcycle helmet, and its features are amazing, check them out!
The truth is that there is a great variety of modular motorcycle helmets, some as complete as the LS2 modular Valiant helmet, which allows you to adjust its chin guard to the nape of the neck to promote a more aerodynamic profile.
Other modular motorcycle helmets, such as the Shoei Neotec II, opt for the highest manufacturing quality, practically handcrafted. This particular model is considered the best modular helmet for the price.
It combines the best safety and style in modular helmets with some of the models we have available in our motorcycle store. We have something for everyone, from the best brands and for all budgets, find yours right now!