Accessories / maintenance
Motorcycle Suits Maintenance
Motorcycle overalls are one of the most important items of motorcycle equipment, as they are very resistant to abrasion, tears and impacts. In the market you can find different types of motorcycle suits, one or two pieces, leather, kevlar, for girls and with airbag.
For your motorcycle suit to last a long time it is important to clean it, take care of it and give it the necessary maintenance. Usually motorcycle suits are made of leather, a textile that needs specific care to keep it in good condition for much longer.
In this category of Motopasión Store we tell you how to clean your motorcycle suit and keep it in good condition.
Motorcycle overalls maintenance
The motorcycle suit is a garment that can deteriorate quickly if you do not offer the care it needs. In addition, as its function is to protect the rider from bumps, scratches and injuries, the fabric of the suit can be easily affected.
To protect your motorcycle suit and make it last longer, we share the following tips with you:
- 1) Clean your motorcycle suit with clean cloths that you use only for this task. Moisten the cloths and wipe your motorcycle suit all over to remove the dirt. It is important that you do not use soap or any other product on the cloth, as they can damage the fabric of your suit.
- 2) After cleaning the suit, hang it on a hanger and let it dry outdoors. You can also dry it using the Cap It coverall dryer, which provides excellent ventilation that eliminates odor and prevents wear and tear.
- 3) Once your coverall is dry, it's time to moisturize the leather. We recommend Motul's special leather cleaner. This cream protects your suit from abrasion, produces a waterproof effect and prolongs the life of your leather garments.
- 4) The leather moisturizing cream is an excellent product to clean your motorcycle suit. However, do not saturate your motorcycle suit with cream as the leather will not absorb it completely and may deteriorate.
- 5) Most motorcycle suits come with an inner lining that is removable and can be washed in the washing machine. If you prefer, you can also wash this garment by hand and then dry it outdoors.
Once your motorcycle suit is clean and dry, it is time to store it in a ventilated place, as humidity can play havoc with leather. We recommend that you protect your suit by using our cover for motorcycle suits, a very useful accessory to keep your motorcycle clothing in good condition.
If your motorcycle suit is from Spidi, we invite you to take a look at the Spidi motorcycle suit cleaning kit. This product offers a very quick and practical way to clean your motorcycle suit.
The care and maintenance of your motorcycle suit is a task that you must commit to in order to make your suit more durable, look like new and properly fulfill its function of protecting you.
In this category of Motopasión Store you will find everything you need for the maintenance of motorcycle suits. In our motorcycle store we also have motorcycle helmets, jackets, gloves, shoes, and everything a motorcyclist needs.